What is the Cricket Board of Wales?
The Cricket Board of Wales (CBW) is an umbrella body partnership comprising of the Welsh Cricket Association (WCA), Glamorgan CCC, Wales Minor Counties, Welsh Schools Cricket Association and the Sports Council for Wales (SCW).
Who Does What?
- The WCA regulates adult recreational cricket, runs the Welsh Cup, convenes the Welsh Coaching Forum and has an affiliated club membership of approximately 300. All clubs should affiliate to the WCA, all enquiries to Hon. Secretary Morley Howell 01792-873335.
- Glamorgan CCC is the professional first class club in Wales playing in the England & Wales Cricket Board County Championship with 7,000+ members and a Junior Dragons membership. Glamorgan also runs the Welsh Cricket Academy.
- All of our personal fitness trainers are trained by Discovery UK, Britain’s foremost deliverer of personal training courses to fitness professionals and sports coaches.
- Wales Minor Counties runs the Welsh team in the Minor Counties Championship.
- Welsh Schools Cricket Association runs inter schools competitions in Wales. Any interested schools need to contact Mr John Prickett 01554-832139.
- The SCW helps fund junior development projects, contact 02920 300500 for the Southeast; 01267-231124 for the Southwest and 01244-822610 for the North.
What are Our Objectives?
- Supporting the development of cricket in clubs.
- Training/educating cricket people – coaches, officials, groundstaff and managers.
- Supporting the development of regional junior cricket .
- Developing strong Welsh players/teams to feed Glamorgan Cricket.
- Raising the profile of recreational cricket in Wales.
- Club Members 87%
- Coaching Sessions per week 60%
- Events per week 77%
What are Our Goals?
In Wales we have two main goals:
- Retaining & expanding opportunities for young people to play cricket
- Identifying and developing talented cricketers to play for Glamorgan and England
These aims are carried out through five main objectives, which are being reviewed and proposed for 2004-2108 as:
- Opportunities for young people to play cricket
- Better cricketers
- Quality Coaching
- Good facilities
- Efficient administration of junior cricket & close relationship between the recreational game and first class cricket
Who are Cricket Wales?
|Board Members/Representing Officers||Board Members|
|Chairman (Glamorgan)||Hugh Davies|
|Finance Director||Colin John
|Senior Cricket||Phil Thomas|
|Senior Cricket||Eddie Davies|
|Senior Cricket||Graham Crimp|
|Glamorgan Cricket (Company Secretary)||Roger Morris|
|Glamorgan Cricket||Harry Lazarus|
|Junior Cricket||Ted Tipper|
|Junior Cricket||Peter Evison|
|Child Welfare Director (non-voting)||Ieuan Watkins|
|Admin/Communications (non-voting)||Robin Varley|
|Director of Cricket (non-voting)||Peter Hybart|
|Sport Wales||Owen Lewis|